As the leading transatlantic business organization dedicated to helping its member companies connect and build their international business, BritishAmerican Business is here to help you
WHAT IS BAB?
• Established in 2000, when we merged the American Chamber of Commerce in the U.K. and the British-American Chamber of Commerce in the U.S. to create a business organization that is uniquely positioned to serve its member companies on both sides of the Atlantic
• Based in the two major western business/financial centers of London and New York, with networks extending to more than 60 other major U.S. and European business centers
WHO ARE BAB’S MEMBERS?
The world’s leading multinationals and middle-market companies, including major U.S. and European players in:
• Management/business consultancies
• Real estate
WHAT DOES BAB OFFER?
Targeted, high-caliber networking and marketing platforms as well as top-quality business intelligence and regulatory advice and influence, including:
• More than 100 high-quality events each year ranging from exclusive, C-Suite meetings with top corporate/government leaders to business briefings, professional and sectoral forums, and social/client entertainment occasions
• High-quality marketing and brand-building platforms reaching a senior level audience of companies/executives involved in global or transatlantic business
• High-level representation to government on policy issues of concern to our membership
• A portfolio of targeted business services: ranging from business introductions and referrals to visa, business intelligence and event management services
BRITISHAMERICAN BUSINESS AT A GLANCE
HONORARY PATRONS: Sir Peter Westmacott KCMG, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the United States and Matthew Barzun, U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom
CHAIRMAN, INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD: Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO, WPP Group
CHAIRMAN, BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Nicholas C. Walsh, Senior Advisor, AIG
PRESIDENT: Christopher J. Perry, President, Global Sales, Marketing and Client Solutions, Broadridge Financial Solutions
CHIEF EXECUTIVE: Jeffries Briginshaw
MANAGING DIRECTOR, NEW YORK: Wendy Mendenhall
BAB’s INVOLVEMENT IN TTIP: A TRADE & INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is a trade and investment agreement under negotiation between the United States and the European Union. Launched at the G8 Summit in June 2013, TTIP has the goal to promote trade and investment, increasing jobs and growth on the two sides of the Atlantic. TTIP is the biggest, most ambitious, trade agreement ever negotiated. BAB plays a leadership role in promoting an ambitious and comprehensive agreement in the U.K. and the U.S.
National Roadshow Program
With market access, rules and regulatory cooperation at its heart, TTIP addresses the areas that affect businesses on an everyday basis. We are particularly keen to illustrate the local, specific, and tangible benefi ts that TTIP can deliver to businesses, workers, and local economies. Since 2013, BAB has organized roadshow events promoting the benefits of a successfully negotiated TTIP across the U.K. In June 2015, we started our second series ‘Open for Business’ that aims to explore the U.K.-U.S. trade and investment dimension and TTIP opportunity in major U.K. industry sectors.
All Party Parliamentary Group on E.U.-U.S. Trade & Investment
BAB provides the Secretariat for a Parliamentary Group, which aims to build cross-party support for the TTIP negotiations, to contribute to greater public debate and understanding of the potential benefits at stake for British consumers, workers, and businesses, and to strengthen Parliamentary & public scrutiny of the U.K. Government’s actions to achieve a successful agreement.
E.U.-U.S. Trade & Investment Forum
The E.U.-U.S. Trade & Investment Forum serves as the main platform for BAB member companies to discuss and promote TTIP with Governments, Parliaments, and other major stakeholders. Together we form a coalition for transatlantic business. BAB actively participates in the debate through policy submissions, letters and statements, as well as TTIP-related roundtables, seminars, and conferences.
BAB has an active voice in the national and international TTIP debate and regularly speaks and presents in hearings, public meetings and conferences.
For further news and insights on TTIP and our activities, visit us on tradeinvest.babinc.org/TTIP, join our Linkedin Group ‘Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership’ and follow us on Twitter @BABLondon or @BABNewYork #YesTradeYesTTIP.
BRITISHAMERICAN BUSINESS: THE COMPANY TO KEEP